Friday, April 29, 2011

Nearing the End


This was another short week of class because we had Monday off. It was a good week though, although a strange one. Starting the head was a lot of fun last week and I was looking forward to drawing it more this week. I was pleasantly surprised when I found out we were drawing the eyes, nose, mouth, and ears because I thought we weren't going to get that stuff in Life Drawing 1. Although I wanted and needed to learn how to draw the entire figure, the face is something that has always caught my interest. I have always wanted to get better at drawing the facial features. I really think learning the basic structures of how these features come together will help a lot. I really think I have a lot of practice to do yet, as I only tried each once in class so far. I am sure by the end I will have a better wealth of knowledge. As you can see from my pictures, they still need some work. The nose seems a little too pointed to me and flat on the bottom...
I have really enjoyed the mannequins these last 2 weeks....because we didn't have to do them. I believe this next week will change that though. I also have not adjusted my mannequin since Amy looked at it and told me what to change. I hope I remember, I have been busy and haven't even wanted to deal with the mannequin lately. I think we only have one assignment left though, which is pretty awesome. It is not that I hated the mannequins, but more the time it took me to put the muscles on and try to do it right/but still not know if I was doing it right.
This semester sure did go fast, I can't believe it is so close to the end. I am beginning to get a bit worried about all of my classes at the moment, so I really just hope everything goes smoothly next week.

2 comments:

  1. Your drawings look great. I think that I agree with you on the mannequins even though they are a great tool, without knowing what you are doing right and wrong every point of the way it can be a little frustrating, however even if it isn't entirely right it gives one the idea of what is underneath the skin which is very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that the mannequins are over, they were really time consuming.

    I agree with you on the face. It's great to learn and really interesting.

    ReplyDelete