Friday, April 15, 2011

Hands

    Another week is over and it is probably a good thing. Motivation has been an issue this week for some reason. On Tuesday night I did all the clay that was assigned so I felt like I got ahead. Only to get behind in another class. But it is all okay because this weekend will hopefully get me in work mode once again. So at first when drawing the hand I started to outline it. This was my natural reaction and quickly realized that was not the correct route to take. Starting to draw in the bones was actually not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Unlike the rest of the body, I really started to get some planes sectioned off and created a side plane and top plane. It definitely all seemed to make sense. I think working on just the hand turned out a little better is because all I had to do was the hand. I'm sure my hand drawings could not be in a best of design show, but they turned out quite well for me as I can understand it.
    I only drew the models hands this week and did not get to the skeleton model like Amy asked us too. Maybe I will work on some of it over the weekend. Then again, maybe not. Ok, I am just going to put it out there....I won't. Too much other stuff to worry about. I was really happy when Amy checked my mannequin today. There were only a couple of problems that I have to fix which is reassuring that I didn't completely screw some of it up like I thought I did. As for next week I am really excited to start drawing the head. This is the only part that is missing from our drawings. I wonder if we are going to do the face, or if that is Life Drawing 2? I guess we will find out together.

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea we were going to draw the head, now I'm really excited for class tomorrow! your drawings are looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in the same boat as you, with too much work and no motivation. Hope this week gets better for you :)

    ReplyDelete