Saturday, April 2, 2011

It is getting warmer!

    This week we worked on drawing and more on our mannequins. On Monday we had the option of either working on our mannequins or drawing from the model. I chose to draw all class period because I feel like I should take advantage of it since I could work on my mannequin at any time. I also enjoy drawing more than working on the mannequin, but anyways lets get back on track. It was a little strange having only a few of us drawing on Monday, however it was much needed practice. I am not sure if it was because I was in charge of the timer, but it was one of my best days of drawing yet I feel. I felt more relaxed about it and tried to work on my speed a little more. I managed to get more of the model into my drawings in a shorter period of time. I think I almost treated it like an open drawing session where I could do my own thing all class long.
    Wednesday went just as well. I feel like the problems I am having is with trying to get the angle of the pelvis and where the shoulder blades should be. Even so, there is a lot I have learned and managed to get right, so I don't feel as bad. I wouldn't say I am completely satisfied with my drawings this week, but to me I made some progress. This entire week has been a good one for me making progress in all of my classes. So I hope the changing weather is an indication of how the rest of the semester will go.
Friday was one of those days I really didn't feel like going to class. So when I learned it was cancelled, it was a sure sign that this was a terrific week.  I also worked on my mannequin all "class period" instead of after class like I was originally going to do.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad things are going well for you :)
    It's a good way thinking, that although you're not satisfied you are remembering your progress and using it to boost your enthusiasm. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your week went well, and I hope you are able to get the same results in the upcoming weeks!

    ReplyDelete