Friday, April 8, 2011

Perfect

    The weather outside is perfect! It is getting harder and harder to focus indoors when all I want to do is enjoy the day. This week had been a perfect week for me in general. It seemed almost everything went right and I was in such a good mood. Monday in class I was doing much better in gesture drawings than I have in a long time. I just went with it rather than trying to make it look perfect. I decided to try a new approach so I did not focus on drawing the egg as much. I know this is probably bad, but it allowed me to draw in the ribs so much faster. This allowed to get more of the figure on the paper within the 30 seconds. I wouldn't say life drawing was the strongest example of a perfect week but there were other contributing factors. Didn't have any classes Tuesday which was a plus, and Off today(Friday) as well. I also bought a DSLR camera on Tuesday which should be arriving today! It has just been an exciting week.
    The mannequins have been alright to deal with this week. Amy checked mine on Wednesday and explained to me in better detail what the book was trying to tell me. There were a few things I had to change and I worked on fixing those muscles Wednesday night. I focused so much on the previous muscles that I barely started the new muscles assigned for Monday. Now that it is mid-program and that room is occupied I can't look at Amy's today. It may be for the best though, because if my camera comes today I highly doubt I will want to work on clay. I could probably take a picture of my clay though....yeah, I will do that. Sorry if my post didn't really address a whole lot, I am too distracted by the weather.

2 comments:

  1. As the weather keeps on getting nicer outside it will be harder and harder to work on keeping your mind on task. Its great that you found a new approach to doing gesture drawings since a lot of people stick to what they have already learned and don't try new approaches. I hope you like your new camera!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With gestures I have been finding the same thing, that aiming for more of the figure on the paper doesn't really work out that well. Perhaps if we try for the flow of the body like Amy did it will turn out better. (then again, maybe not)

    ReplyDelete