Saturday, May 7, 2011

Let's work inside on this nice day!

Mon-Wed Long Drawing
As I sit inside on this nice day doing all of my work that is due this week I thought to myself, oh crap I have to do my blog. Not really in the mindset to write this so I am going to make it quick, and it might not make a whole lot of sense....sorry if this happens. This week we worked on the head more. We worked on a two day drawing of the head as we had both models in the room. It was a good experience drawing a model rather than just getting a partner to draw from because there was more time involved and I didn't have to worry about taking my time and making the other person hold their face for too long. I really like the long drawings because it really allows me to take my time and try to get the forms to look correct. On Monday since I knew it was a two day drawing, I worked really slow to the point where I almost wish I had another day after Wednesday. It looked "alright" but no way was I happy with it. I had trouble with the mouth and had erased it a thousand times (literally) and still could not get the likeness of the model. I think it looks too feminine. If this was a photograph I was working from then It would be a lot easier, but there is something about seeing 3d real space that makes it so much more difficult. We also got assigned our self-portrait final drawing this week. Thank god it isn't due until Friday because I think I would have a brain aneurysm if it was due before that. I am trying to organize my time some what so I decided it would be best to start it right away so I did. I already have a good foundation but my damn mouth is a problem again. Once I fix that I think it will look more like me. Good bye for now.

2 comments:

  1. If the self portrait wasn't due friday I don't think I'd be able to finish it at all.

    Don't worry that the face didn't turn out as you wanted it to. This is the first one we've done and considering that I think yours is good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that your face turned out well and the mouth doesnt look too off. sometimes it just is one line that needs to be fixed for it to resemble someone, and it can be hard to find it. I am amazed when I think I am doing horrible on a drawing and Amy comes and moves one line and it all fits. And I feel for you the end of the semester is a hard time!

    ReplyDelete