Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter Break!

    This week we finished up the hand and moved to the head. This was a very enjoyable week for me and I really wish we had more than one day drawing the skull this week because I really enjoyed it. I am sure there will be plenty of time next week though. (Oh yeah, I forgot we have Monday off....well whenever we have a full week again.)
     Finishing up the hand was enjoyable because I finally got to drawing the skeleton hand. I really liked drawing this because it didn't move and I could basically take my time even during breaks. I really wish I would have drawn the skeleton hand first before drawing the model's hand because it allowed me to understand the structure more rather than just guessing on it. I actually think it would have helped me to draw the entire skeleton of the body first before drawing any of the model because then I would know exactly how it should be. (The mannequin doesn't really do it for me.)

    Drawing the skull was way more enjoyable than I thought it would be. I'm not sure what it is about it, but I was engaged and really interested the entire time. I think it may be that we have been drawing the parts if the body all semester and have still left it without a head or neck. The head gives more life to the human along with the hands. I don't think I am quite good at it after the first day of it, but I feel like this will allow me to better understand the form of the skull in the class periods ahead.  I also really wish I would have added some value to it or more contours because it still looks a little flat.
   We are also basically done with the mannequin as well so that is good news! Hope everyone has a happy Easter and a good break!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you seem to enjoy drawing the skulls, and bones, for me it is more of a challenge than if someone was in front of me. I think that drawing the bones is beneficial however and it seems you are right that it would have been better to draw the structure inside before attempting the model.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The skull was interesting to draw. Even though we only had one day drawing it, it was awesome to look around the class and see how good everyone's drawings were, everyone has improved so much since the start of the semester!

    I enjoyed drawing the hands too. Drawing the skeleton definitely has value :)

    ReplyDelete