Friday, February 25, 2011

Last week before mid-term

    This week was a productive one for me. It was a very strange day on Monday with the snow we were getting. It seemed all day that barely anyone was in class. As a result we worked on our clay manikins the entire class period. This was a nice break from drawing and gave me a chance to get the new assignment done. This was similar to Friday when we worked on manikens and had time to get it looked at. I really enjoyed Friday's class because I had time to get the new assignment done and didn't have to work on them over the weekend. We had enough time to get our manikens checked too. I was really happy because it was the first time mine was checked to see if I had the right idea with the placement of the muscles.
    On Wednesday we did some drawing all class period. I feel like I have progressed greatly during this class period. It may not show in all of my drawings because it happened toward the end of the class period, but my confidence and understanding took a leap. My proportion is starting to get a lot better and I find myself getting better at drawing more of the figure in the 30 second drawings. Our last drawing of the day, I think it was 20 minutes, was the turning point. I had time to really analyze what it was I saw and found it easy to pinpoint where the ribs ended. I got a little confused on the placement of the pelvis, and after Amy looked at it I felt relieved. I had it basically right, just needed a few tweaks on the pelvis. I really understood what I was doing wrong and wasn't as frustrated with it.

2 comments:

  1. I understand how you are feeling, I feel like this week was a turning point because I am really starting to get it. Also I like your new title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that you can see your improvement. It's it strange how you can turn a corner in an instant?

    I'm having the same experience with the illusion of depth in drawing :)

    ReplyDelete